Wednesday, April 11, 2012

JUST DO IT


J is for JUST DO IT

I hate to borrow a well known slogan that’s been highly overused, but some sayings are just so darn accurate. Think about it for a moment. What is IT? Well, IT can be anything your heart desires, whether sports, or fishing, or jewelry making, or even writing. This slogan is so simple, it’s nearly brilliant. Of course, I seem to remember my mother using this term way before NIKE ever put it on the tube. If I asked why I had to clean my room during cartoons, she would point a stern finger in the direction of my bedroom and give me a heartfelt, “Just Do It!” If you had seen my room back then, you’d understand her firm approach.
But back to my point. Sometimes we just have to shove aside the excuses and Just Do It. Jump in and get that story written. I have a book stuck at sixty pages. I know a lot of you can relate. Well, I resolve, right here and now, in front of thousands of people (You are out there, aren’t you?) that I will Just Do It and finish that book! Or at least get something on paper every opportunity I can. I won’t let the world dictate how much I can pursue my passion to write.
If you’re passionate about your goals, post a comment and we’ll pinky swear that we’ll do it together, just us, thousands of miles apart, but connected by an invisible beam of something, or a cheap-ass phone cord, striving towards a common goal; to JUST DO IT!

4 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

It's about the only thing that works for me! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

Jeremy Bates said...

Yeah, definitely a famous saying by Nike. I like the following one better, but it's not a pithy one: 'There's no such thing as trying, you either DO or you DON'T.'

Emma said...

The answer to your How is Just Do It. You got it covered-I'm sure.
Good blog.

Catherine Noble said...

Yay *pinky promise* I do solemly swear to Just Do It too :)